The XP-17 uses the new-shielded low noise toroidal and input filter module, like the XP-12. The power supply has an extra stage of RC filtering, allowing for lower radiated and mechanical noise.
The XP-17 has an all new input circuit that is symmetrical and lower in noise and distortion, with greater drive capability. Noise being the most prominent part of THD+N in the first section of a phono stage; by lowering noise we get better resolution and dynamics. It was designed with a split EQ network, like the XP-25 and XI Phono, that is more accurate and can handle greater signal levels. The secondary stage runs a higher bias output stage with auto bias. The numerous loading options from the XP-15 are all still available, plus three gain settings to accommodate low output MC to MM cartridges.
– Power consumption: 40 Watts
– Gain: 76, 66, 56 dB balanced 70, 60, 50 unbalanced
– Output impedance: 110 Ohms RCA; 220 Ohms balanced
– Input impedance: 10 – 47K Ohms more than 200 values
– Capacitive loading: 10 -750 pF
– RIAA curve accuracy: +/- .1 dB 20 – 20 KHz Passive / Active EQ
– Distortion and noise: .004%
– Quad-matched low noise symmetrical JFET input.
– Double shielded low noise toroidal transformer
– Dimensions: 17” W x 12.5” D x 4” H