WHY LUMIN U1 MINI
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, we decided to investigate the possibility of making the LUMIN transport technology similarly accessible.
The result is a huge specification in a compact package.
Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area – except price.
Transport-only unit combines the best of LUMIN U1 and LUMIN D2
Identical processor supports DSD256 and 384khz playback
Quad native clock system for precision timing
Low noise shielded switching power supply
5 types of digital audio output including USB
Resamping to every supported format up to DSD128
Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
All the usual LUMIN refinements
From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as “the most convenient interface in existence” by Tinman
LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
U1 MINI SPECIFICATION
- Up to DSD256 11.2MHz, 1-bit
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE:
- DSD256, 11.2MHz, 1-bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1–384kHz, 16–24-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU:
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Raw brushed aluminium or black anodised brushed aluminium
- 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
- 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg