The design of the Scansonic MB-6 is centered around the ultra light moving mass sealed ribbon tweeter, that has unique speed, resolution and dynamic transient capability. This makes for a very transparent and highly detailed reproduction of the finest details in the program material.
The tweeter is crossed over to dynamic driver array at 3 KHz.
The MB-6 boasts a powerful lineup of 6, 4,5” carbon coned dynamic drivers, arranged in a power sharing line array.
The inner pair of the driver covers the midrange up to where the tweeter takes over and as you move out from the center the driver cowers more and more of the lower registries.
In the deepest bass the line array boast a total membrane area larger than a 12” driver, but still with the speed and agility of the smaller drivers. This makes the MB-6 have outstanding capabilities even in the deepest bass.
The MB-6 is an incredible music performer with an impact an authority the will leave you breathless.
- Size: (WxHxD) 178 x 1410 x 410 mm
- Weight: 36,5 kg
- Freq. response: 30 Hz – 40 kHz
- Impedance: > 4 ohm
- Crossover: 3.5 kHz 2. order acoustic slope 150 Hz 1.order slope
- Enclosure: Curved, heavily braced, ventilated box design with adjustable aluminum feet
- Drive units: 1 sealed ribbon tweeter with kapton/aluminum sandwich membrane
- 6 carbon coned 4,5” bass/mid driver with overhung magnet system
- Finish: Black-silk or White-silk
- Amplification: We recommend high quality amplifiers >50W