The MB-3.5 works as a 2.5-way speaker, where the two midrange-woofers are supported by two 6.5” aluminum coned woofers.
The MB-3.5 cabinet is heavy, braced and curved, with carbon reinforcements. The speaker is crossed over at 3.5 kHz and the two added side woofers assist up to 200 Hz.
The MB-series features high quality crossover with top quality components. The filter has been carefully tailored to linearize the frequency region where cone and cabinet geometry play a role and also to carefully tune the speaker to a natural sounding frequency response.
- Size: (WxHxD) 178 x 1138 x 286 mm
- Weight: 20,8 kg
- Freq. response: 30 Hz – 40 kHz
- Impedance: > 6 ohm
- Crossover: 3.5 kHz 2. order acoustic slope 250 Hz 1.order slope
- Enclosure: Curved, heavily braced, ventilated box design with front loaded port and adjustable aluminum feet
- Drive units: 1 sealed ribbon tweeter with kapton/aluminum sandwich membrane
- 2 carbon coned 4,5” bass/mid driver with overhung magnet system
- 2 Aluminum coned 6,5” bass drivers
- Finish: Black-silk or White-silk
- Amplification: We recommend high quality amplifiers >50W