The PRE2-SE embodies our recognition that the analog preamp at the heart of every music system deserves the very best treatment because it handles every sound your system makes. Built on the heritage of the famous PA6i Meitner preamp, the PRE2-SE updates Ed Meitner’s classic to take a place at the forefront of 21st century preamp performance.
Eminent recording and mastering engineer Tom Jung explains: “Ed Meitner is the only guy on the planet who has an equally good understanding of both digital and analog circuitry.”
The PRE2-SE features six analog inputs, a recording loop, infrared remote control, multichannel ganging and, most importantly, stunning transparency. Due, in no small part, to the extraordinarily sophisticated contactless switching system, discrete circuitry, and the (proprietary) volume control.
Several PRE2-SE’s can be daisy-chained via serial control port to provide the purest multichannel preamplifier operations.
The PRE2-SE also features our aerospace-grade composite laminate circuit boards. These provide several performance advantages over conventional boards:
Copper traces are microscopically smooth on top and bottom, significantly reducing skin effect issues
Naturally damped sandwich construction offers superior strength and vibration resistance
Lower dielectric losses and superior heat conduction ensure a more uniform temperature gradient across the circuitry, increasing stability and longevity
All of this makes the PRE2-SE the most sophisticated solid-state analog preamp ever created. Use it in your audio system and you’ll be able to control everything. Except, of course, your enthusiasm.
- Two XLR inputs, four RCA inputs,
and one RCA Recording Loop.
- 100% contactless, discrete, signal paths
- Clean Class-A power to drive cables
and loads without degradation
- Proprietary software-based analog
- Exclusive composite laminate circuit boards
- Multifunction infrared remote control
- Flexible LCD status and control display
- Serial port for wired remote control
- Daisy-chain expansion for multi-channel use
- Aero aluminum machined chassis
- CE compliant
- Power factor corrected
- Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: max. 40 W
Stereo Audio Outputs:
- Balanced on XLR
- Unbalanced on RCA
- S/N ratio: 110dB (A-weighted)
- THD: 1kHz <0.01%; 20kHz <0.01%
- Frequency range: 0Hz-100kHz
- Gain control range: Better than 62 dB
- Maximum output level: +/- 11V p-p (+26 dBu)
- Maximum input level: +/- 7V p-p (+22 dBu)
- Input impedance: XLR – 20K ohms, RCA – 10K ohms
- Output impedance: XLR – 150 ohms, RCA – 75 ohms
- System gain: +12dB
- Stereo analog outputs: XLR and RCA
- Dimensions W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm
- Weight: 12kg